Monday, November 29, 2010

Transferred to Barberton, OH

Hey! So this week I got transferred just north of where I was. I am in Barberton now! Yes I do have a car and it is NICE!! I’m loving being out of the cold. I haven't seen the temperature gauge get up above 32 for the last 4 days.

My new address is:
229 Lilac Place
Barberton OH, 44203

It’s a pretty nice apartment. Nothing is going to be able to compare to the Canton apartment though. I heard that was the mansion of the mission. So yeah, it’s kinda all down hill from there, but its ok!

I came to this district and caused some serious drama. Our District Leader is kind of a rebellious missionary. Because I was living with the Zone Leaders before, I had heard about how he was. I got here and found out that the stories were no joke. I have a greenie companion that has only been out for one transfer and has some really bad habits. I got here and decided to shake up the ground a little. I called the District Leader out on a few things that he was being bad about and how it was affecting my companion. I also had a long talk with my companion about what is expected of all of us and that there are going to be changes. He really agreed with me and told me that when he got here he didn’t think that this was what a mission was all about. So we agreed to make changes and fix it.

The district leader really hates me now. He is in the biking area and I have the car. He had made plans for us to go shopping on black Friday at 4 in the morning. I got there and put a stop to that!  I called the Zone Leaders just to let them know there were a lot of problems and I needed to know what to do. The next morning the Zone Leaders walked into the District Leaders apartment and had a talk. That’s when he got mad at me. I know it was kind of wrong to go above his head without even talking to him about it, but President always says that the loyalty is vertical so I went up the chain to let them deal with the problem.

So long story short, I have been black listed and its going to be a long transfer.

Well I am having fun though. I like my new companion. His name is Elder Trammell. He has a lot of accomplishments in his life. He was a Dillard’s model, 7th in the world at his weight class in wrestling, and was a river guide. That kind of stuff. No big deal. Haha!! He's a great guy. He reminds me a lot of Devin. We get along great.

I would love if you would send me my blanket and also my 5x5 Rubik’s cube and my cologne (the cologne 41, cologne)! That would be sweet!

How in the world did you hear about zone conference? They send you an email? From what I've heard it is going to be amazing! It’s going to be at the Kirtland temple! I'm very excited!

Well I’m going to go try and not get my head chopped off today Haha!

Love you so so SOO much
Elder Yukish

No comments:

Post a Comment