Monday, November 8, 2010

First snow...and 18 lessons

Whoa! Crazy! I was wondering why Bishop McBride hadn't written me back.  How is this new Bishop?

I believe that the mission has my records but I'm not sure I will be calling them later today and finding out so I can get in a car!! I finished all of my qualifications for driving this week and I want to drive now! Haha!



It’s getting bitter cold here! I woke up one morning and it had actually snowed! I was like NOOOO!!!! And then we got on our bikes and went riding...

I came down with a cold this week and so the cold weather hasn't been helping much but I'm doing a lot better now. I do really like it here! The ward is fantastic and I really feel accepted here and am making great progress this week. This ward has like the best ward mission leader in the mission (so I'm told) and he really knows how to make our life easy as missionaries. We are supposed to teach 20 lessons a week and last transfer we were teaching on average 12.   This transfer we have been averaging 14,  and then this last week we actually had 18! Sooo close and the Bishop was very happy to see that and really was impressed with our efforts.
Elder Green and I have really felt accomplished this week.

I really like my Zone leaders we live with. The new one that came in this transfer actually started his mission in the Canton area on bikes just like me! He hooked me up with some great winter gear that he had that is very useful to use when you’re riding a bike! I was very grateful for that too because it saves us a lot of money and don’t have to worry about buying junk. It’s already proven to be good! I really didn’t like him at first he was a lot different from Elder Thornton who was an AP and knew how to follow the rules and really was obedient. It was a bit different how the new one acted but we've learned to respect each other more now

We'll its time to go play basketball once again! Haha

I'm so glad to hear that you guys are back in AZ and are loving the warmth! I know there are a lot of tough choices out there and I just encourage you, as I do everyone I meet, to take your questions to your Father in Heaven and ask for the guidance and don’t be afraid to sit quietly and listen for the answer. It will come as you continue in faith and involve Him in all you do. I know it works and I know that He hears and answers prayers!

I love you guys so much and I keep you in all my prayers
Love
Elder Yukish 

No comments:

Post a Comment