Monday, October 25, 2010

She said YES to a Baptismal Date!!!

Oh my goodness Mom, yes! 2 Nephi: Chapter 4 is like my favorite chapter ever, that and chapter 31. Those are like the most marked up scriptures I have in my whole book.  -- --

(This is Elder Yukish responding to a paragraph from a letter  his mother sent to him, which is as follows: 

"I have been reading the Book of Mormon, and came across a really cool part in 2 Nephi, Chapter 4 that really struck me last night.  Lehi and his family have just reached the Promised Land, and Lehi blesses all of his children and then dies.  Nephi buries him and then in total humility prays to the Lord.  He has suffered so much tribulation - everything from his brothers trying to kill him every time he turns around, to being in the wilderness for 30 years, but through it all he is extremely obedient to the Lord, and stays righteous through it all.  In Chapter 4 vs. 28 Nephi prays 'Awake, my soul !  No longer droop in sin.  Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul.  Do not anger again because of mine enemies.  Do not slacken my strength because of mine afflictions.  Rejoice, O my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say:  O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee my God, and be the rock of my salvation.' 

I love that part.  He went through a lot, and he will not slacken his faith, or his strength, or his mood or attitude because of his afflictions.  WE shouldn't either.  I feel like some days we suffer more affliction than other days, and I'm trying to not slacken because of them." )


It's rainy and cold here too. I am not looking forward to the freezing cold! I've already pulled out my fur hat and scarf and winter jacket because I’m dying!

 



This week has been a fantastic one! Elder Green and I are still loving life. We had one day where he got a little down because he felt that we weren’t very effective missionaries. we only were teaching about 11 lessons a week and we spend a lot of time on our bikes. The new place we live is great but the place its located at is at the bottom of a huge hill and it’s the top farthest left of our area and so we have to travel along time to all of our appointments. We are averaging 3 hours on our bikes. He feels like we aren’t doing that much. He came from a car area with a companion that had been there for 4 transfers so he had a ton of appointments with members, less actives and a few investigators. When you’re in a car area you can do that but with us on a bike we get a lot less but most of them are more meaningful.

The last week that Elder Saunders was here we had one of those amazing follow the spirit experiences. we parked our bikes at the head of Hillcrest road and started walking because we were going to tracked it. For some reason we didn’t knock on any doors because they didn’t feel good. We walked down to the end of the street and knocked on one door. This lady came to the door and we talked for a little bit and invited us in. We taught her a bit of the Restoration and then I had this burning desire to commit her to baptism. So I committed her to a conditional invite of "as you come to know it’s true will you be baptized." She said yeah I think so. I was like what? you said yes?

 So we went back again this Friday and taught her some of the plan of salvation and then again I had a burning desire to give her a baptismal date. SHE ACCEPTED!!!!!! We left there jumping for joy! I haven't felt this kind of joy before! I am so excited! I was floating on air! So it has been a great week!

 I'm sorry to hear about Grandpa Mitchell. I have an email from Grandma and I’m going to read it and write them back. I'm glad to hear Tod is doing well and that Brock is getting all grown up! I miss him a ton. There's this one family in the ward that we have been having dinner with and they have a 4 year old boy that is spunky like Brock and it just makes me miss him even more!

 I’m so happy to hear from you Mom. I miss you most of all. I’m so glad to hear that you're reading the Book of Mormon and finding joy in it. It means so much to me and I want everyone to feel of the joy that it brings. I'm so grateful to be on my mission.

 Oh I was sitting in Elders Quorum yester day and had a itch on my ankle and then I felt my calf... HOLY COW!! It’s huge! Its like a solid rock! That’s the beauty of riding a bike all day!

Well I Love you so much and can't wait to hear from you next week
Love
Elder Yukish

No comments:

Post a Comment