Monday, October 4, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude

Dear Mommy,

 This week has been a great one! Thank you so much for the package! Everyone loved the cookies! They were gone by the end of the first session of Saturday’s Conference. I love the slippers and the hat and wear them everywhere! The Seahawks shirt is amazing very comfortable and warm!

 The weather here has turned deathly cold. Haha! It’s freezing! Tracting in 43 degree weather with a light drizzle and 10 mile an hour winds straight in the face makes for a new experience of its own! It really is nice because I don't sweat that much when I ride my bike.

 I loved General Conference this weekend! I loved every one of the talks that were given. I felt like every one of them was directed straight towards me and my benefit as a missionary and as a man. I too loved our Prophet’s talk on gratitude. It really made me think of what I am thankful for and how much I have been given in my life. Sometimes you take for granted what you have till it’s all gone. I felt like needed to ask for forgiveness of my ungratefulness in my life.


 I am grateful for the home we all lived in together as a family. I am so grateful for the time we spent with all of our family eating enchiladas. I am VERY grateful for enchiladas (no one knows how to make them here.  I feel like I have eaten more chilli and soup than one person should ever have to eat in their lifetime). I am grateful for the lessons I've learned and the example of good parents and good members of the church you all are to me. I am grateful for the sacrifice you've made for me to be on this mission. I don't know what I would do without these blessings that I have received since I've been out here.

 The Lord does work in mysterious ways. I know that he has a plan for me here in this mission. I know God knows me personally. He knows my strength and knows how best to build me up and make me the best I can be. I am grateful for the opportunity that the Lord has given me to put everything off, to trust fully in Him, know that he loves me and that there is work for me to do here. Sometimes it’s hard to put off myself and my doubts and fears. I struggle to put my full faith in Him, but when I do, at that moment I feel closer to Him than I ever have before. In that moment my fear is gone and I have the most success as a missionary and as a tool in His hands. I am grateful for the scriptures and the guidance they are in my life. I am grateful for our living Prophet and the guidance he give me personally.

 I am grateful to be a missionary.

 I love the pictures! Man Brock is starting to look like a big kid now. Tod looks like he's gotten skinnier? Well it’s time for me to go. We are having a zone p-day and we're going to go play some Ultimate Frisbee out in the cold.... yeah...
I love you mom and I hope you have a great week!
Love
Elder Yukish
p.s.

Word of advice for the day…. Don't run and jump on to a new mission bed, especially if you’re a big guy, for you will break the bed and be seriously chastised for doing so. And thus I say amen.... Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment