Monday, March 14, 2011

March 7, 2011

Thanks for all the letters this week! It always makes me so happy to hear from my family! Every one of your letters is so precious to me.

My week has gone pretty well! We are staying rather busy and having fun doing so! I love the members of this ward! They are being so helpful with the work here! Its just fantastic to see when people make friends in the church and progress toward baptism! Really the key in the work that we are doing is to have the members be involved. The members stay in the ward and will always be there for the people that are joining the church. We missionaries move so fast that its tough for them us to be there support all the time.

It’s amazing to see the calendar of how long I’ve been on my mission. I remember that about a year ago I was riding my long board down the street and in the warmth. It snowed here last night. What a bummer! Haha. I keep thinking that winter is over then it keeps coming back. But we all know the song (with an Ohio twist) "Snow flakes keep falling on my head, that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red, crying’s not for me" Haha Love that song! The sun just peeked out of the clouds!

So this week I've been thinking about Brigham Young and his nickname "The Lion for the Lord" or at least I hope that’s right. I've been thinking about what that means. He was really a great example of hard work and dedication. As he brought the pioneers across the plains he was the first one up in the morning and the last one to go to bed to make sure that everyone was doing well and to see if he could help anyone. He helped the saints be happy with singing and dancing every night. He really was a fantastic leader as well as a Lion for the Lord. He was persecuted and scorned for everything he did. Yet he persisted on and made it. He did what he was asked and helped bring this church to pass. My goal is to be more like him and be a good leader.

Well this week it’s going to be a short letter and I’m sorry. Will continue to send letters in the mail because I love doing that! I would like to know birthdays for the rest of the year. I feel terrible that I’ve missed so many since I've been out. And if I have I am truly sorry. I know there are a few this month and I will be writing to them.

Thanks for everything you all do for me. I am truly blessed to have such great family to back me up and keep pulling me along that iron rod. With out your support and love I'd be lost. I truly feel unworthy of all that I have been blessed with. I've never been a great person at showing how grateful I am. I love you all from the very bottom of my heart and soul.

Love Elder Yukish

No comments:

Post a Comment