Monday, March 14, 2011

Letter on February 21, 2011

Alright!
So this week went really well. We had our baptism on Friday! It was truly amazing! We headed to the church about 2:45 to start filling up the font and take some time to plan some appointments for the next week. Everything was going very smoothly and I got a little leery. Sure enough at about 3:30 we got a call from Brother Henretty who was set to baptize Jole. He called and said that he had gotten into a car accident on his way home from Cleveland and he wasn't going to make it.

Well Elder Stone and I (oh yeah and that's my new companion) went to our back up plan, because as missionaries you learn to always have a back up plan. We ran back home and I got my baptismal clothes and headed back. We got back and made our final preparations for the baptism. All of Jole's family was there which was amazing in itself. His two kids are members but not active, and the rest of their family are not members. It was such an amazing experience. We had the Stake President talk too. He's in our ward and went and taught with us at his house. It was simply amazing.

We'll yes my new companion is Elder Stone. He's great! We have been working really hard since he got here. We came out together so this is the second companion from my transfer that I've served with. We have really buckled down and gotten to work too, which is great and is really bringing the spirit back into my life. I love working hard and seeing the results that come from it.

We went tracking on a street the other day and had an old referral to stop by to see if they were interested. We knock on there door and they didn't live there anymore. So we went knocking on the next door and it was a part member family that we got a return appointment with. Then the next door was a lady that had talked to missionaries when she lived in Michigan and had a Book of Mormon and would like to meet with us. It's simply amazing what happens when you put forth the effort and faith to go out and work and be diligent. I have really high hopes for this transfer!

We'll we have Zone Conference again this week! I'm super excited. I always love Zone Meetings with the President and the Assistants. It’s always a great time and lots to learn.

I really love the package that you sent me! All the socks and candy and the puppy were great! The socks smelled like home! Hey by the way I was wondering if I could get some money. I'm in need of toiletries and they are expensive! haha I hate asking...

We'll we have to detail the car out today. We’ve got to get it checked out on Wednesday at the conference. It’s going to stink! But it’s nice to have a really nice clean car. So I’m going to go but I'll be sending you some pictures in a little while i just forgot my card reader. I got a bunch to send!

Love you so much and can’t wait to hear back from you!
Love Elder Yukish

No comments:

Post a Comment