Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Letter

Regular mail written: Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ok, so I’m sitting in a fireside here on Sunday night. We’re listening to Robert D. Allen who is the Director of the Mission Department. We are talking about the different stages of an experience. The first one is the “honeymoon” phase. He asked us to think of who in our District is still in the “honeymoon phase”, and the whole District looked over at me. I just laughed because I guess they all think I’m really happy which I guess I am!! I didn’t think about it really, I just figured my attitude was happy because there is no reason to be in a bad mood here!!
I’m loving it here! I feel really accomplished. My companion and I are really getting along. We are starting to click in our teaching. Tomorrow – Monday the 23rd we have 3 lessons to teach to the mock investigators. We have to, or rather get the opportunity to, teach lesson 1, lesson 2, and go in and meet a new investigator. Depending on the needs of that persona and how the Spirit directs will determine what lesson we will teach. I feel confident that we will do well.
So, I woke up this morning to the realization that I only had 8 days left. It’s flying by. Scott Shuman leaves for Argentina early in the morning. I’m so happy for him. I have a couple of pictures of him and I in our suits. I can’t wait to have that day where I can have my bags packed and get to work in the field!

I got my travel itinerary. I have to be ready at 4am Tuesday the 31st. We have a flight from here to Detroit from 7am to 12:30, and then we change planes and fly from 1:30 to 2:30. Then I’m home for the rest on these two years!
Well, I figure you probably won’t have time to respond to this letter until I’m in the field, so I will write you an email on P-day. I love you so much!

If I forgot to tell you, I can call you from the airport before I get on the plane, so maybe be ready for a phone call early Tuesday morning!
Love, Elder Yukish

No comments:

Post a Comment