Sunday, August 29, 2010

Let the MTC begin

Regular mail written: August 15, 2010


Dear Mom & Tod,

Ahh, this is rough! Haha! I didn’t know it was going to be like boot camp! But, it’s not really that bad. I feel like I have been on the move all day every day! We are up at 6:30, out the door by 7, and we don’t see our beds again until 9:30.

I have my first companion. His name is Elder Sogla. He’s ok. I have been praying a lot to get along with him. He’s interesting. He was called as the senior companion first. I was a little upset about it because I felt like he wasn’t ready to be it, and he even said before he got called that he doesn’t want to be called to any position. But, as I prayed about it more I realized that I am a natural leader and can let myself be a little proud about it, so I feel that this is an opportunity for me to be humble. Also, the Spirit told me that he needs me more than I realize. He has never been in the position of leadership and doesn’t know how. Also he needs me to be helping him by building him up and helping him gain confidence. It has been tough to find out the best way to help him, but the Spirit is helping me.

The MTC is pretty cool as I’m sure you know Tod. It’s amazing to see all the white shirts that are flooding the hallways. It’s also amazing to sit in lunch or in a fireside and see all the suit coats. The classes are amazing!! I thought I knew the gospel before, but now I know it even better even after only being here 4 ½ days. We are with 2 teachers every day. The first teacher we have for 4 hours and the other teacher for 5.

We have a thing called MDT which is a time for 5 hours a day split up into 3 parts. 1 hour in the morning, 1 after lunch, and 3 at night. During this time we work as a District or just as companions on teaching the lessons and learning the best way to teach. We all take turns teaching as a District and also being the investigators. It’s cool to have the responsibility to direct ourselves. I really like the district I’m in. Our Branch is 30 and we are in District F.
It’s amazing how many friends I’ve made just through my Branch. There are elders all over here I’ve met and made friends with!! Oh, and I found Scott – or Elder Shumann!! Haha! We share all the same meal times, and he’s in the bottom of the building that I live in.

I finally have had time to write and it’s nice t be able to. I haven’t had time enough to feel home sick, but I miss you guys so much! I’m going to put my camera memory card in here too, and just share some of the pictures I’ve taken. If you could send it back, I’ll send you the next one after I put some more pics on it.

Also, if you could send me a couple of Abba Zabba candy bars I would not be upset. :-) I love you guys and can’t wait to hear from you again.

With lot’s of love, Elder Yukish
Oh, p.s. I need pens, Oh, and I’m leaving the MTC the 31st of August. I didn’t know if you knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment